Temperatures that day were right above the freezing level and a rain/snow mix. Probably not the best conditions for your first time wearing VFF's.
Hes not the only one that experience this. Its the number one question I get asked this time of year. 'Aren't your feet cold?'
Short video by Brandon S. (contains adult language)
'Warm' feet tips
- Increase time of stimulation. The more your muscles move; improves blood circulation. Adds up to warmth.
- Wear layers and hat. Above average core temperature will help keep extremities warm.
- Keep skin dry. Wearing socks or footwear that hold moisture; lowers the way your skin is able to breathe. Saturated feet equals brrrrr.
- Never wear insulation (socks, shoes or boots). Your body will aclimate to any condition when given a chance. You should go from toasty slippers to walking on the snow barefoot. It too much of a shock to your body. It will be mad at you. promise.
- Dont stand around. Keeping your body moving will help regulate core temperature.
What about you?
Wear minimal footwear in winter? Still get cold feet wearing shoes/boots? Your feet always freezing? Walk around the house in socks?
Would love to hear your tips or feedback! Please post in the comments below.